Saturday, March 24, 2012

77 days left!


Only 11 more weeks to go! Some days June seems so far away and other days it feels like it's just right around the corner!  
I don't have any updates from any doctors appointments yet, since my last monthly appointment is on March 30th.  After that I will start going every 2 weeks.  So far since my last appointment Garrett and I have chosen a pediatrician and we have not decided on a name.  I think we might keep this a secret till the birth since it's so close to the end.  My pregnancy has been going really well so far with no issues until about a week ago.   I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes after taking my glucose tolerance test.  I have no history of diabetes, but the doctor said it is my hormones and placenta that is causing it and it will go away after pregnancy. Since it is something I could not control, I have learned to take the positives from it.  I had to meet with a dietician to learn how to control the diabetes, which has made me learn how to eat so much better.  I feel a lot better and not as swollen.  So, hopefully this is the only complication that comes my way.

Spring came early this year so Garrett is busier than ever.  He thankfully got the big projects done around the house to get ready for our little girl.  The nursery is still not put together, but we did order carpet yesterday and that will hopefully get installed by next week.  So after the carpet is replaced we can finally move the baby furniture in!  I will post pictures when it is all put together.

I'm getting very excited for my baby shower next weekend!  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and celebrating our little girl's arrival.  I'm very thankful for everyone who is flying in from out of town as well! My Mom and sister, Grandma Pat, and Sara Propst are all flying in!  This makes my shower really special to me.

I am hoping to blog more since more eventful things will be coming these last 11 weeks!



Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, she weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but she's still got a ways to go -- can you believe she'll triple in weight before birth?



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update....sorry to hear about the gestastional diabetes...it's very common but you will be ok as well as the baby...the important thing is that you caught it in time! Very exciting times ahead...life changing events for sure. We will be thinking of you next week since we are not there in person, be sure we are there in spirit n wishing you much happiness. Can't wait to see you guys in May. Much Love...Grandad n GJ xoxo

    ReplyDelete