Friday, April 27, 2012

Less than 6 weeks!

We're getting close!  So Garrett and I have been busy putting all our wonderful baby gifts together, finishing the nursery, and just trying to enjoy some quiet weekends! We attended a childbirth class last weekend, so now we are more prepared for Baby O's arrival!  Even after the class though, child birth still makes me uneasy and nervous.  I just don't like the unknown mostly.

So the swing is ready to go, as well as the pack n play, which I plan to use in our room for the first few weeks instead of the crib.




We just need to put the carseat in the car and pack my bags for the hospital stay and we'll be ready! Yes, I would like a few other projects to be done around the house but at least we have all the necessities done for now.

This pregnancy is still going really well despite the gestational diabetes.  I've only gained 3 pounds in the past 8 weeks.  My doctor isn't concerned since she is still growing right on track.  It just seems now the weight I had gained before, which seemed to be spreading all over my body, is now all baby!  For now she is head down and she favors the right side of my belly.  She got the hiccups for the first time last night, and is kicking/moving a lot these days.  Hopefully she stays put so I don't have to schedule a c-section.  She hasn't made me uncomfortable yet like she's running out of room, but I definitely feel exhausted by the end of the day, my poor ankles are proof of that.

I had a doctor's appointment today and learned that my doctor will not let me go one day over my due date because of my gestational diabetes.  So this means I'll either go in labor before the due date (June 9th) or I will be scheduled to be induced around 39 weeks.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for May 7th so I will know a lot more info after that appointment.

These next few weeks are going to be really busy and fun!  I'm getting my bridesmaid dress fitted next week since my sister's wedding is May 12th in Asheville, NC!  I'm excited to see my family over that long weekend and enjoy some time off work!  Work has a baby shower planned before I leave as well on May 8th.  After I get back from the wedding I'll only have a few weeks to finish buying things, get our house ready in general, and mentally prepare for her arrival since both Garrett and I still can't believe she is almost here.

2 comments:

  1. Time is going by fast....sounds like your well prepared for little baby O....lots of exciting times ahead for you n Garrett. Looking forward to seeing you all at the Wedding...at least we get to see you pregnant! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way my pal Wesley Virgin's adventure starts in this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "MIND CONTROL" tactics that the government and others used to obtain everything they want.

    These are the EXACT same tactics lots of famous people (especially those who "come out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know that you use less than 10% of your brain.

    That's because most of your brainpower is UNTAPPED.

    Perhaps this thought has even taken place INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head 7 years back, while driving a non-registered, beat-up garbage bucket of a vehicle with a suspended driver's license and on his bank card.

    "I'm very fed up with going through life paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've taken part in those types of questions, isn't it so?

    Your very own success story is waiting to be written. All you have to do is in YOURSELF.

    WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW

    ReplyDelete